Over the centuries, the
creative phrases and original reflections Those that have been recorded have accumulated, leaving evidence of our ability to be ingenious and witty when thinking about the most varied topics.
These creative quotes and thoughts are not only entertaining to read, but they are also thought-provoking and can become something that inspires us to become more creative ourselves.
Ultimately, knowing interesting points of view that are expressed in an original way through short sentences gives us the opportunity to review our preconceived ideas and see that there are concepts that are more related to each other than we initially believed.
The best original and creative phrases
The selection of short phrases that you have below can help you develop your own ideas from the reflections that may arise from reading them. However, it is also worth remembering that although many of these short quotes may be shocking and provocative, to develop your own philosophy of life it is also necessary to dialogue, debate and read longer texts and books.
By the way, if you are interested in seeing more interesting phrases, you can always visit the Psychology and Mind Instagram account or see these other compilations of selected phrases:
- 125 short positive phrases to live day to day with optimism
- 101 motivational phrases to focus on success
- 75 philosophical phrases spoken by great thinkers
- 50 phrases about heartbreak and complicated romantic relationships
Below you can see the selection of creative phrases. Let us begin!
1. Miracles are born from difficulties
Jean de la Bruyere talks about resilience and our ability to overcome adversity.
2. Believe that you can do it and you will already have gone halfway
One of the reflections of
Theodore Roosevelt about the ability to believe in oneself.
3. We are facilitators of our own creative evolution
Bill Hicksin another inspiring phrase related to personal development.
4. To draw, you must close your eyes and sing
The Spanish painter
Pablo Picasso He uses this allegory to refer to how he understands inspiration.
5. Life is the flower of which love is the honey
Victor Hugo captures the relationship between life and love in this poetic way.
6. Be yourself, everyone else has already been ordered
As in almost all the witty phrases of
Oscar Wildehere wit and a sense of irony mix.
7. Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected
A reflection on the creativity of
8. Originality is nothing more than judicious imitation
Voltaire Thinking out loud.
9. An idea that is not dangerous is not worthy of being called an idea
Another of the creative thoughts of
10. Everything you can imagine is real
Pablo Picassoabout the reach of our imagination.
11. A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but one idea endures
John F. Kennedy reflects on the mark that ideas leave.
12. Life is the art of drawing without an eraser
A creative thought about life,
John W. Gardner.
13. To define is to limit
Oscar Wilde in one of the popular phrases that are most used today.
14. Shut up or say something better than silence
The Greek philosopher
Pythagorasin a somewhat harsh but necessary phrase.
15. The secret to creativity is learning to hide your sources
Albert Einstein ironically about talent and plagiarism.
16. Not being dead does not equal being alive
E.E. Cummingsposes an apparent paradox.
17. Love them all, trust some, harm none
William Shakespeare in one of his phrases most related to morality.
18. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
Jimi Hendrix popularized this phrase that seems to belong more to a book of Asian philosophy.
19. The biggest enemy of creativity is common sense
Another of the phrases of the renowned painter
Pablo Picassoabout creativity and the elements that can undermine it.
20. No artist tolerates reality
Friedrich Nietzsche talks about the nature of art.
21. Some people feel the rain, others just get wet
One of the best known phrases of
22. Go where there is silence and say something
A very original phrase, from the journalist
23. A life lived in fear has only been lived half
A well-known proverb.
24. The entire universe has rhythm, everything dances
Maya Angelou talks about the musicality of the situations we experience in our daily lives.
25. Life is like jazz… better if it is improvised
A reflection of
26. Life is trying things to see if they work
Ray Bradbury talks about the essence of life.
27. True creativity begins where language ends
Arthur Koestlerabout the limits of language.
28. You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Friedrich Nietzsche He left some very poetic phrases. This is an example of it.
29. When one educates, two learn
One of the most used quotes when talking about education, authored by
30. Creativity is contagious, pass it on.
Albert Einstein In addition to being a physicist who changed the course of history, he left a good number of creative and inspiring phrases like this one.
31. Time is a good healer but a bad beautician
A reflection with a humorous touch,
Lucille S. Harper.
32. Art is not a thing, it is a path
Elbert Hubbart reflect on art.
33. To live a creative life we must overcome the fear of making mistakes
Joseph Chilton Pearceabout the factors that put limits on our creative potential.
34. Without freedom there is no creation
The famous Hindu thinker
Jiddu Krishnamurti talks about the nature of freedom.
35. To be brave is to be free
Senecain one of his most motivating reflections.
36. Sometimes, silence is the worst lie
Miguel de Unamuno talks about the serious implications that silence has in some contexts.
37. Beauty, like pain, makes you suffer
Thomas Mannabout the double edge of beauty.
38. Flatterers are like friends like wolves are like dogs.
A very inspired comparison, idea of
39. How banal it is to sit down and write when we haven’t gotten up to live.
Henry David Thoreau He shows his vitalism in this phrase.
40. Where words fail, music speaks
Hans Christian Andersenabout music and its power.
41. You can’t shake hands with closed fists
Indira Gandhione of the great defenders of pacifism, talks about the need for dialogue.
- More quotes from Gandhi in this article
45. If you have never failed, you have never lived
A very powerful anonymous phrase.
46. We know what we are, but not what we can be
William Shakespearein one of his witty phrases about the potential of the human being.
47. Life expands and contracts in proportion to one’s bravery
Anais Nin uses a very powerful image to talk about what life is and its relationship with courage.
48. A lie told many times becomes the truth
Leninabout the possibility of making lying an unquestionable idea.
49. It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine
A phrase from
50. If you can dream it, you can do it
Walt Disneyabout the possibilities that the simple act of imagining situations offers us.
51. The satisfied do not love, they fall asleep in habit
Another of the phrases of
Miguel de Unamunoin this case about love and relationships.
52. Music is the poetry of the air
Jean Paul Richter in a very poetic phrase about music.
53. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
Jean-Jacques Rousseau It refers to the world of flavors to explain in a short sentence one of the facets of patience.
54. Doubt is one of the names of intelligence
Jorge Luis Borges talks about intelligence as something that is equivalent to the management of constant doubts.
55. The best way to fulfill your dreams is to wake up
Paul Valery reflects on the conditions that must be met to achieve the goals.
56. If you are not making mistakes it is because you are not making decisions
Catherine Cookabout the courage to assume the possibility of error.
57. You have to harden yourself without ever losing your tenderness
Ernesto Che Guevara talks about an apparent contrast.
58. There is someone so intelligent that they learn from the experience of others
Voltairein one of his creative and witty phrases about intelligence.
59. Violence is the fear of the ideals of others
Mahatma Gandhiabout violence and what lies behind it.
60. A good traveler has no plans
Lao Tzuabout one of the qualities of the salesman.
61. We are so limited that we always believe we are right
Goetheabout the illusions that lead us to believe that we can grasp the absolute truth.
62. If you want to learn, teach
Ciceroin a maxim that has survived more than two thousand years.
63. The adventure may be crazy, but the adventurer must be sane
Gilbert Keith Chestertonabout one of the necessary requirements to embark on the adventure.
64. A good life is inspired by love and guided by intellect
Bertrand Russellabout what he understood as a good life.
65. Silence is the only friend that does not betray
Confucius He expresses here the extent to which he valued respect and prudence based on fidelity to traditions.
66. Television is a double-edged sword with which even the viewer can commit suicide
Virginia Vilanovaabout the risks of television and the information it transmits.
67. The world is nothing more than a canvas for your imagination
An imaginative phrase from the brilliant writer
Henry David Thoreau.
68. Virtue can only flourish among equals
Mary Wollstonecraftin a reflection on equality.
69. Every moment is gold for those who know how to see it as such
Henry Millerabout the importance of valuing the good moments that life gives us.
70. Intelligence, without ambition, is a bird without wings
Salvador Dalithe famous Catalan painter, in a phrase that overflows with creativity.
71. Good artists know what to leave out
Charles de Lintabout the need to select only the good and necessary.
72. Life is a long lesson in humility
James M. Barriein a reflection out loud.
73. We admire things for reasons but we love them without reasons
Gilbert Keith Chesterton, in a phrase that will leave you thinking. Certainly, love is not usually generated from rational channels.
74. What is urgent usually attacks what is necessary
Mao Tse Tungthe mythical Chinese communist leader, in a phrase that can be interpreted in many ways.
75. In art, the obvious is a sin
Edward Dmytryk He reveals to us his vision of artistic creation.
76. It is useless to return to what has already been and has ceased to be.
Frederic Chopin about the ephemerality of human existence.
77. We live in a rainbow of chaos
Paul Cezannethe magnificent painter, in a sublime metaphor.
78. A hungry dog only has faith in meat
Anton Chekhov He left us many creative thoughts, such as this one. How do you interpret it?
79. Man hates those who make him suffer his own inferiority
A phrase that can awaken our creative side,
Earl of Chesterfield.
80. The less routine, the more life
Amos Bronson Alcotta plea to leave our comfort zone.
81. Take time to choose a friend, but take even longer to change them
Benjamin Franklinabout friendship and processes of change.
82. The supreme art of the teacher is to awaken joy through creative expression
One of Albert Einstein’s phrases about creativity.
83. The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe in
This reflection of Gustave Flaubert puts emphasis on the process of self-knowledge that occurs when writing an original work.
84. Creativity is allowing yourself the luxury of making mistakes
Scott Adams offers us one of the creative phrases that value the freedom we have when producing new things.
85. Having a vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others
Jonathan Swift It talks about the power it gives us to see beyond what is apparent to the point of detecting potential.
86. Our actions flow from three essential sources: desire, emotion and knowledge
A theoretical proposal of Plato aimed at explaining human behavior.
87. Personality is everything in art and poetry
A reflection of Goethe about the passions and motivations that guide the creation of art.
88. Hate is blind, just like love
The great passions They are capable of clouding our rationality. A phrase from Oscar Wilde.
89. I have discovered that if you love life, it will love you back.
This inspiring reflection is from Arthur Rubinstein.
90. Art is the only way to run without leaving home
This reflection on the use of art as escapism is Twyla Tharp.
91. Stay true to the dreams of your youth
A recommendation of Friedrich Schiller.